Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 17:30:03 -0400
From: PME <dre...@gmail.com>
To: CnClist <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>, Michael Brown <m...@tkg.ca>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Electronics upgrade-> SPX-5 with Seatalk and
     SeatalkNG

Mike,

I think I read the same Ray documentation which seemed to show that one could
connect Seatalk and SeatalkNG devices
via the SPX-5 controller.   I installed my i40 speed system with Seatalk
connector wired to the Seatalk ports on the SPX-5.   It powers the i40 system,
and the speed display works fine.

I am planning on connecting the SPX-5 to my Raymarine e7d via SeatalkNG, and I
was hoping the speed data would
be sent to the e7d too.  But it sounds like this does not work?   Bummer!   I
guess I will need to use a Seatalk to SeatalknNG converter.

-
Paul E.
1981 C&C Landfall 38
S/V Johanna Rose