Hi Guys, Okay so I've got a survey with haulout scheduled for this coming
Saturday.  during my conversation with the surveryor, he brought to light an
interesting point.  I had asked if he would be doing the sea trial before or
after haul out and he said that it would be better to do it after because if
the bottom were fouled, we wouldn't bet a good sea trial.  He said if haul
first and it is then we could get it cleaned, and I asked "so, we could clean
it?"  he said well you should talk to the broker.  So I did and he said it
common practice for the boat to be powerwashed on a haul out.  I asked who
would pay for that?  He said I would be responsible for that.  I said so, if
this thing fails inspection, I'll paying for the owners powerwashing?  He said
that it was common... I'm thinking what $4 a foot to wash it, then haul it...
I knew I had to pay for a haulout, but ...  is that really common to be on the
hook for a power washing?  I mean it is what it is I've just never seen this
conversation come up before... Danny