David

Alera does the same thing.  As I understand it, the pull to port is a result of
the prop clockwise spin.  The wheel is about 7 degrees or so off center under
power.  But my Raymarine X5 wheel pilot has no problem with it, except in heavy
seas.  But that is expected at Alera is at the top of the capacity for a wheel
pilot.  You may want to wreck the tension on the belt.

Tom Buscaglia
S/V Alera
1990 C&C 37+/40
Vashon WA