From: "Martin DeYoung via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: "Martin DeYoung" <mdeyo...@deyoungmfg.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 9, 2015 12:53:21 AM
Subject: Re: Stus-List Harken roller furler failure

Calypso's spin halyard will tangle if it is not secured against the mast before
un-furling the headsail. I'm not sure if it contacts the swivel itself or the
sail's head.

I use a ATN spin sock which allows the spin to be snuffed close to the leeward
mark. When the spin is hoisted and flying the sock itself covers the upper
swivel and would foul it if the headsail is roller out while the spin is
flying.

I have not yet figured out a way to roll out the headsail until the spin
halyard is all the way aft but I have gotten faster at clearing the halyard off
the sock/spin and back to the mast.

Martin

Calypso

1971 C&C43