Hello All,

Helping a friend add a Simrad RS-35 VHF radio with AIS receiver to his existing
B&G instrument system.  That currently has 2 Triton displays, a Zeus Touch 7
MFD plus wind and speed/depth transducers.  Everything is connected via NMEA
2000, there is no 0183 on the boat.  There was no convenient place to tap into
an existing T connector, but there was an existing network line running close
to the radio.  We bought 2 Maretron micro-c field installable connectors, a
premade Maretron cable and a Lowrance T connector.  I could not find
Lowrance/B&G connectors anywhere.  I cut the network wire and wired the new
connectors according to the color code on the connectors.  The color code on
the connectors matched the colors in the B&G wire, so I figured I was good to
go.  When I hook things back up, the existing instruments work fine, but the
new radio is not seen by the Zeus, nor does the radio see the network.  Since
the existing stuff all works fine, I am assuming that the wires are connected
in the same positions on the connectors.  When I unplug it, I lose all the
transducers.

I am currently thinking that either the new premade cable is bad, or Simrad B&G
uses a different pinout for their connectors than the one specified by NMEA,
which Maretron follows.  I plan to test the cable using one from my boat, but
can anyone confirm the pinout on a B&G system for me?  Any other ideas about
what to check?

Thanks,

Jim Reinardy
C&C 30-2 “Firewater”