Mike, I don't have the rake specifications for a 1985 37 but it should probably
be 8-10 inches to aft measured by hanging a weight from the main halyard. A
wrench will do. Then install your wedges at the collar/blocks at the base and
tune the mast. The mast will move around to match your adjustment if it's
loose. I have the original instructions for a 1981 36 and a 1989 37+ if
necessary but you will likely find them online on the photo album site. If I
were you and had 10 miles to go with questionable fuel, borrow an inflatable
(with good fuel) for the trip with about 10hp and guarantee you get there! You
can cleat it or harness it to the transom and easily push your boat.

Sent from my mobile device.