HI Mike:

I agree with your general impression…………cruisers vs racers………..however, when my
boat was listed in Marblehead in 97, it stated that the cosmetics were less
than average………but I knew the 38 MKII as a good boat and good for  racing……..we
had another successful season this year……..

But I’m very fussy about looks and function………….lots of improvements over the
last 10 or so years and it does look brand new today….. I’m also in a slip on a
dock with only big cruisers (power boats)………I’m the “token sailboat” so I have
to keep the image up.

The boat next to me is a Hatteras 40……..completely redone inside with granite
countertops, 2 built-in blenders, and an ice machine……….it’s a great dock!!!
Never a dry glass.

Cheers,

Ron C.