My first boat, C&C 30MKI was named Trysail.  The previous owner sold Flying
Scotts (I think) at one time so it was a play on words.  She still carries
that name.

My new boat, C&C 30 MKII, was named Lagniappe when I purchased her.  Talk
about a mouth full and a triple repeat on the spelling when calling a
bridge, marina, or vessel.  After the delivery trip North from Annapolis to
Mystic I changed the name.  I got tired of repeating myself.  Didn't like
the name myself, but anyone from New Orleans seemed to love it, reminded
them of home.

So I renamed my current boat HANUMAN.  Seems simple enough and I'm still
amused that most folks can't pronounce it, nor spell it.  HA NEW MAN.

Hanuman is a very prevalent character in the Ramayana and his picture is
probably hanging on the wall in every Indian restaurant in the world.
Millions of kids watch him in cartoons.  He's carved into every early
Buddhist/Hindu temple across Asia.  I just happen to be on the wrong side
of the world now and I guess I spent to much time in Asia.

Oddly enough, Hanuman is also the namesake of one of the J Class yachts.
The owner has spinnaker graphics similar to the tattoo on my leg. :)
 Fortunately, I had the tattoo longer so I can say he stole my idea..lol
It's the Khmer version of Hanuman carved into the the temples of Cambodia,
Laos, Thailand and Burma/Myanmar.

Anyway, the Ramayana is one of those books everyone should read, or at
least try to, once in their life.

I hope I didn't put anyone to sleep with this tale....

Rob
C&C 30 MKII
HANUMAN
Noank, CT