Thinking about projects for the boat.
I definitely need a new main sheet system - and expect I'll go with Marek's Garhauer suggestion. But that then raises the idea of a rigid boom vang - If I'm going to buy one in the near future it's better to combine shipping. I'm not racing, and rarely use the existing vang (except for downwind to hold down the boom). Currently boat is set up with a topping lift (which need to be replaced due to wear)

I never adjust my topping lift - I have it set so it's slack when the sail is fully hoisted, and then when the sail is dropped it comes taut a few inches lower (maybe that's why I have a hard time getting the leach tight - easier if if I tightened up the topping lift before hoisting?).

Any thoughts? I've never used a rigid vang. People happy with them? Given I don't adjust the topping lift I'm not seeing a big time savings - but maybe I should be adjusting it more?

Mark

There is no cure for birth and death save to enjoy the interval.
  - George Santayana