+1 on the EV-200 system. It steers like the boat is on rails. Maybe I exaggerate, but still...

Graham Collins
Secret Plans
C&C 35-III #11

On 2015-10-08 6:56 PM, Edd Schillay via CnC-List wrote:
Listers,

My wife is considering buying me an autopilot system for my 50th (YIKES!) birthday next year to replace our failing Robertson unit. She saw the video from the 2015 Northeast Rendezvous of Nader sitting in his cockpit eating lunch while the boat drove itself to Clinton and said “Oh you gotta have that!”

The Octopus hydraulic drive is already installed and I’m somewhat partial to the Raymarine EV-200 system (and Fred Street has pretty good pricing), but wanted to see if anyone else has recommendations on units I should look at.

All the best,

Edd

Edd M. Schillay
Starship Enterprise