Ahmet,

When these boats were designed in the early ‘70s a #1 genoa was a 170 (actually
around a 163% overlap), a #2 was a low hoist 150 and the working jib was a high
clew 110.

Now PHRF regions have a 153/155 as a #1 genoa and anything over that carries a
rating penalty. If you race in an area with consistently light air the penalty
might be worth it.

My #1 is a UK Tape Drive 153 that I fly up to ~15kts apparent wind. After that
I switch to a very old Dacron Fogh #2 that is a full hoist ~140 (I never
actually measured it but it’s smaller than a 150).

I can carry this sail into the mid 20s if I tuck in a reef. Despite being old
this sail has won me a lot of races.  I also use this sail for daysailing as
it’s easy to handle if I sheet it outside the lifelines.

Above 25 apparent it’s the working jib and I also have an Etchells jib to use
if it’s really blowing.

As was said before, the boat will heel to 20-25 deg then get really stiff.

If you have any specific questions on setting up your boat or would like some
tricks that I’ve learnt over the years email me direct and I’ll answer them.
(depending on your mail program, if you hit reply all instead of reply, my
email address should be listed too)

Rick Taillieu

Nemesis

'75 C&C 25  #371