From: Barbara Hickson Fellers [mailto:blhick...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 7:03 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List Butyl tape question

   Great to see new 33 owners. They are great sailing boats. And the Atomic 4
is a great engine and fun to learn on. Speaking of adhesives vs. sealants, I've
been wanting to try butyl tape. The recent floods have uncovered leaks inside
from both handrails.  Can I use butyl tape to rebed?

 My big winter project is to fix the many small gel coat rubs, fill holes and
put new non skid on. Finally will be getting self tailing primaries. Will also
get the toerail stanchion bases so the old holes will have to be filled. I'm
unsure if it's better for the boat for the deck to get a coat of gel coat
sprayed on or each area done individually. I know what a yard would say. $ 😳.
This is why I'd like to try butyl in case I have to rebed everything on deck.
(And is removing everything necessary if the deck gets sprayed?? I've always
heard if it's not leaking don't take it off. )

I leave my settee insert in the quarter earth as well frame side up against the
inside hull.

Thanks and welcome to our new C&C owners!

Barbara L. Hickson

'76 C&C 33-1 "Flight Risk"

Charleston SC - a very wet place

Barbara L. Hickson