From: "Tom Buscaglia via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: "Tom Buscaglia" <t...@sv-alera.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2015 1:51:13 PM
Subject: Stus-List Not What I Ordered - was New Sails TODAY!!!

Stuart Dahlgren from UK Sails NW showed up with my new sails yesterday. But
they were NOT what I ordered!

I ordered the UK Tape Drive with the Glass Fiber tapes. Well it turns out that
when they were engineering the sails it was determined that the load levels
would be near the upper edge of the Glass Fibers. So, Stuart took it upon
himself to upgrade the sails to the Carbon Fiber tapes at no extra charge. It
was a pleasant surprise when I peeked in the bags. Definitely not what I
ordered, but I am not complaining.

Stuart Dahlgren took the time to hand deliver them and handled the
installation, including making sure that the mainsail was all good for our
Schaefer in-boom furling. He trimmed the battens as well for a perfect fit.
Then he hung out at our club to BS with a few sailors. Since it was too late
for him to drive home to Sidney, we invited him to stay over for dinner and an
evening of Scotch and sailing talk. Then a quick breakfast this morning before
taking off today.

I cannot recommend this guy enough. www.UKSails.ca if anyone is interested.

And if you want to check out the sails, there are some good pics here -
https://www.flickr.com/photos/37365243@N00/

I cannot wait to take them out for a spin....woohoo!

Tom B

Tom Buscaglia
SV Alera
1990 C&C 37+/40