Welcome to the list Ryan.

I’m sure that you’re worried about what may be going on with your keel bolts
with the crack and water ingress. I know that I was and I have to state, I let
my “smile” go for 15 years even after it was apparent when I bought the boat. I
turned a willful blind eye to the rust streaks flowing down the front of the
keel...

Last year I pulled the keel off as part of a big refit project and beforehand I
had plenty of sleepless nights worrying about the damage that I was going to
find. I was already figuring costs in my head on getting MarsKeels to replace
badly corroded keel bolts.

Happily, none of that was necessary. The repair part of it, not the worrying
part. I should have been a bit more “pro-active”.

If you check some of the photos in the link
<http://roninrebuild.blogspot.com/2015/01/in-shed-at-last.html> you’ll see that
with the exception of the forward-most keel boat which had minor crevice
corrosion, the rest of the bolts were still at factory spec.

Anyway, probably not a good idea to be like me and bury your head in the sand;
just go ahead and clean up the interface and tighten the bolts and I suspect
you’ll be fine.

Best,
Dave Godwin
1982 C&C 37 - Ronin