I was looking at the Doyle Stack Pack information on their web site.  It
indicates that an existing sail can be converted to a stack pack sail.

Persistence came with lazy jacks (since removed but still available for
reinstallation). Also have an older UK Tape Drive main as well as an almost new
Quantum main.  This past season we used the older main for deliveries, everyday
sailing and Wednesday racing and kept the new main for regattas etc ...  Had
noted a friend with aFrers 33 has a Doyle Stack Pack for deliveries and casual
sailing and it has good enough sail shape for limited racing as well.  Have
been considering a stack pack main at some time for cruising.

Has anyone here converted an existing sail to a stack pack?  Any thoughts on
feasibility of converting an older UK Tape Drive to stack pack?  Any ideas on
cost and if at the end of life for that sail the stack pack components can be
used on another sail?

I know that the previous season we found the lazy jacks a pain that were always
in the way and that last season with just two of us flaking the main was a
major PITA esp when entering a narrow channel or looking to anchor.

Thoughts?

Mike
Persistence
1987 Frers 33
Halifax, NS

Formerly
Nut Case 1987 J27
Full Tilt 2 1979 Hinterhoeller Niagara 26
Monkey Bear 1974 Paceship P23
Full Tilt 1970s McVay Minuette
Blue Horizon No. 1 1981 C&C 36 (family boat)
High Hopes 1979 Spirit 28 (family boat)