Most, if not all, of the C&C 33 MKII's that I have been aboard have had the 2 cylinder Yanmar as the factory install. A long time ago, we motored one from Halifax to Marblehead....the 2 cylinder got us there.

My 1984 C&C 32 has a similar displacement as the 33 MKII and has a Yanmar 2GMF which is rated, I think, at 13 hp.

No question these boats are probably under hp'd but they are first and foremost, sail boats.

Like another lister said, I wouldn't let that stop me from owning one.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.

On 2015-12-13 2:09 PM, Bob Hickson via CnC-List wrote:

A good friend is interested in making an offer on a 33 mark 2 centerboard version. The boat has a Yanmar 2GM20 with a 2 blade feathering prop - 16 Hp. This is the basically the same engine that I have in my 29 mk 2. It would seem that the boat would be underpowered with this engine. Does anyone have information that might help to answer this question. Did C&C offer an option of the 2GM or 3GM engine in this boat?

Bob Hickson
Flying Colours 29 mk 2
Toronto