I had water coming in the bilge pump on my boat the first time out last spring.
 I could actually go below and see the water coming in through the bilge pump
hose while motoring.  It stopped when we slowed down.  What I have not figured
out is why it happened the first time we motored, but not after that.  I
replaced the one way valve anyway.  Dave

Dr. David Knecht
Professor of Molecular and Cell Biology
Core Microscopy Facility Director
University of Connecticut