Today I received my first grown-up radio, a Standard Horizon GX2200.
DSC looks like a very nice technology but I am wondering how to test/learn
it without triggering a bunch of false alarms or general chaos.
I'm docked in a backwater, but there is occasional barge traffic that
probably has AIS transmitters.
I'd like to verify that my new radio can easily communicate (via channel
70?) with the barges as they pass by.
Maybe I need to read the fine manual again but am wondering if anyone else
has done this exercise and if there are any tips or gotchas.
Many thanks in advance,
--Bob M
Ox 33-1
Jax, FL