Thanks a lot Jack.  I was thinking of planning an off shore run to Lake Worth
one day, and then heading to Miami to avoid the bridges.  Is it possible to do
an all night sail and knock it out in a day or so?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark McMenamy
"Icicle" C&C 25
Fort Pierce FL

On Jan 26, 2016, at 5:13 PM, jackbrennan via CnC-List

I sailed my old 25 all over the Keys. A perfect boat for it, particularly on
the Gulf side, where the shoal draft will get you into all kinds of skinny
anchorages.

An 8 foot inflatable can be pumped up on deck and stored there when you don't
want to deflate it.

Where the 25 gets a little eye-opening is when you run some of the tricky East
Coast of Florida inlets with wind vs tides. It's a tender boat, and a 4 -5 foot
chop will have you rocking like you won't believe, with the engine of course
popping out of the water.

My wife used to turn green sometimes when we would run Hillsboro Inlet in 15
knot easterlies.

The best strategy is to sail in nice weather, but motor the ICW when the wind
picks up. Stay away from the smaller inlets and use the main ports - Lake
Worth, Port Everglades and Miami.

Jack Brennan
Former C&C 25
Tierra Verde, Fl.