One season I started early and just left the main reefed even when I packed
up at the end of a sail. We get stiff wind here in early May. Anyway with
Alianna I now prefer full main and furled genoa 135 to 120 then to110 and
mine works ok furled to 100% with no change of lead points. If that's still
too much for comfort the genoa gets rolled up all the way and just full
main alone. Racing is different as the amount of sail you can carry is a
function of weight on the windward rail; crew weight. Never really had
enough on Alianna but I would love to try her with 6 or 8 agile 200
pounders up there; then I am using a 150 up front and ready to do sail
changes.

Sent from Gmail Mobile