This is a wild guess, but Jason, do you have your subscription settings
configured to get a daily digest instead of individual messages?  That
might be the issue.  It's easier to respond to individual threads if you
get each message separately.

I started out with daily digests but switched to separate messages.  I have
a gmail rule set up to divert all the C&C list emails to their own folder
so they don't fill up my inbox.

Sam
C&C 35 mk III
SF