I called the GPS Store this morning to ask why the Standard Horizon (SH)
CPN700i was in their printed catalog (@ $550 USD) but was not online.
They've been out of them for months and the model has been discontinued.
So, I called Binnacle Canada (their Canadian website had it for $800 CND
(~$580 USD) with free shipping) but their US website did not. But, they
told me there would be customs and shipping fees totaling $150 so I said no
thanks.

Earlier this evening I was able get my PC to send sample GPS messages into
my free SH 155C via two pins in its Smart GPS socket so I'll be going the
economical route once again. I'll make a plug out of something, maybe butyl
- if I could only get it to harden  :-)

--Bob M
Ox 33-1
Jax, FL