That's the way my club does it too - "A" division for spinnaker boats, "B"
division for non-spinnaker boats.  Last year we had 17 spin boats and 11
non-spin boats in my club. Among the spin boats the Capri-22s, J/22s, and
Santana 20s usually fleet (three or more for a fleet in my club).

Since my boat has a spinnaker, its PHRF rating would be 12 seconds lower in A
division than in B division (regardless of whether I flew the chute in a given
A division race).

I'd like to ask your thoughts on which division to race a 30-1 in, given the
local conditions and my potential crew, but I'll start a separate thread on
that.

Best Regards,
Randy Stafford
S/V Grenadine