Have to agree.  For my area, I’ve been a huge fan of 120 + main for cruising.
On a landfall the 135 may be the better option and I would probably pass on
either foam or rope. I’m basing that on the assumption that the landfall will
reef later than most but I’ve never sailed one so don’t really know.  At 150 I
would definitely go with something to take up the extra fabric but would let
the sailmaker decide between the two options.  Both work well so it’s whatever
they’re more comfortable with.

Just another $0.02

John