When I was working with Rob on the 51, he freely admitted that rudder design
back then was more art than science.  That's not to say slap anything on but I
wouldn't feel obliged to duplicate your existing rudder to perfection if the
mold isn't available.

On the post and structure inside the rudder you really won't know until the
skins are removed and you get to see it.  Hopefully all is fine but given your
comments...  Who knows, maybe you get to have the fun of deciding on a
stainless vs. Carbon post! Is there a local designer you can speak with or a
yard that frequently handles such work?

Good luck and sorry to hear of the problem.

John

Sent from my iPad