Hoping to get some perspective from the group on a boat I’m interested in. I’m
not a surveyor but I took some photos and video (in the link below) of a 86’
C&C MKIII I'm considering making an offer on. And would really appreciate some
thoughts on it to save me the hassle of paying a surveyor if something is
obviously wrong with it. The possible areas of concern without a proper survey
and my limited knowledge are:

- water in the core of the deck around the mast (see photos) haven’t tested
- corroded boom (hinge?)
- some bubbling/corrosion under paint on engine
- bad seal around two large side port-lights, interior I saw silicone around
perimeter
- few loose stanchions
- original (I think) standing rigging

Short story is owner bought it a year ago didn’t sail it much or from what I’ve
seen, maintain it. Here is a link to view the photos/video I took. I did not do
a correct test with a hammer or moisture reader on deck but did walk around
quite a bit and there was nothing obvious in the way of soft spots.

Anyway here is the link would love to hear what others think:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bx6tzmnoism-Y2g1UERWXzZ6NXM&usp=sharing

Cheers
Chris

greatly appreciated!