Thanks.  I've been looking for something to remove silicone as well.  I'll give
it a try.

Mark McMenamy
C&C 25 "Icicle"
Fort Pierce FL

On Apr 2, 2016, at 5:19 PM, Gary Russell via CnC-List

Frank,
     Try Mckanica silicon caulk remover.  Worked for me.  It still takes a bit
of elbow grease, but it does get it off without damaging the gelcoat.  >From
Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Mckanica-Caulk-3-Oz-Silicone/dp/B000PVT1P4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

Gary
S/V Kaylarah
'90 C&C 37+
East Greenwich, RI, USA

~~~~~~~_/)~~~~~~

On Sat, Apr 2, 2016 at 4:32 PM, Franklin Schenk via CnC-List
I am trying to reseal the windows on a C&C 29.  The previous owner used
Silicone and I would like to remove it and use the butyl tape.  I read that
carburetor cleaner works better than acetone.  I am open to any suggestions.

The spacing on the machine screws also appear to be very large.  I was thinking
about adding a few more screws at 5 to 6 inches apart.

Frank

greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!