Thanks guys for the educated guesses and thanks Joe for the insight and advice.

Some sort of lightning arrest system was my first guess, but I thought it was
odd that the mast wasn't connected to it... Which would be essential for a
lightning system.  I hadn't considered an old short wave or Loran setup.

I'm going to disconnect it.  Thanks again and enjoy the weekend.

Ryan
Nobody's Bargain
1976 C&C 30mki
New York