The response to my inquiry from the helpful folks at Downwind Marine is
below.  My pump is a two-bolt pattern.  Just ordered their repair kit for
202M-03 and 202M-07 for $48.

Thanks again Dennis for the recommendation.

--

"Dear Rayn

According to our Atomic 4 reference information, and if you have an
Oberdorfer water pump for your older Atomic 4 motor – it is most
likely the202M-03
or 202M-07 series – with a 2-bolt pattern right?    If not 2-bolt up
pattern you should contact C&C and learn what pump parts were used in the
build-out of your model boat – or see if there is more info somewhere what
other water pumps Atomic 4  might have used in water pump bolt-up in 1976.

For 202M-03 and 202M-07 you will then need the Mfg# 10725 service kit -
SKU# 40385 – see web page link for more information:

http://www.downwindmarine.com/Oberdorfer-Model-202M-Rubber-Impeller-Pumps-Universal-Engines-p-91002307.html

Sincerely, Marcia
Downwind Marine"

greatly appreciated!