I replaced my shift cable on my C&C 33-1 a few years ago when I had my
engine out for a rebuild. If I remember correctly, the cable is attached to
the vertical side of the welded L angle with a omega shaped fitting. There
are two bolts holding the piece.  I believe the angle piece was tapped for
the bolts. The omega piece has a concave “V” which fits into a groove on
the cable end.  I not sure the cable is replaceable without lifting the
engine -- let me know if it is possible.

Make sure you get a cable with the same "throw"? as the old one. I had to
recondition the old yoke because I could not find a replacement.

There is more fun at the other end (cockpit) when it’s time to attach and
adjust the cable. I disassembled the cable “tubes” from the binnacle to
accomplish this.

Rod Randow

C&C33-1

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 11:51 AM, David Paine via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have to replace the shift cable on my C&C33-1 and it is proving to be
> troublesome.   I have the original atomic 4 with the v-drive so the
> transmission is located in the front.   The red jacket 64CC series cable
> comes from the helm, under the cockpit sole and beneath the engine and
> attaches to a piece that is welded to the steel engine mount rail.   The
> trouble is that the cable clamp is inaccessible in the space between the
> engine sump and the engine mount stringers.    It is looking like I will
> either have to (1) cut the welded piece off and put together an alternative
> mount or (2) move the engine to allow access to the hidden clamp.   Both
> are fraught!    It would help if I could see (I'll try a dentist's mirror
> tonight) how the clamp functions -- is it a single screw or something
> else?  Any insight would be much appreciated!
>
> David

> like what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All
> Contributions are greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!