What year are the cushion covers?
My 27 is a 1978 model year, and both the owners manual and the tags on the
cushion covers (those that are still legible) say dry clean only.

Steve Thomas
C&C27 MKIII
Port Stanley, ON

---- Stevan Plavsa via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
I took the covers off of all of my cushions on the 32 and washed those in
the machine at home. I washed them with diluted bleach solution. They
cleaned up very nicely. For the foam I actually went a bit crazy and soaked
them one by one in a kiddy pool filled with bleach/water solution. Then I
let them dry in the sun for up to a week (taking them indoors when it
rained). Was a pain in the butt but they are in much, much nicer condition
now. Cosmetically they were fine, but they stank like 35 year old boat
cushions. Not anymore! I didn't get all the foam bleached/soaked, but did
maybe half (important v-berth, sitting cushions, etc). Did wash all the
covers though.

Steve
Suhana, C&C 32
Toronto

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 2:09 PM, Pete Shelquist via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Paul -
> Every few years I take the covers off and wash them.  Also spray the foam
> reduce odor.  Biggest issue is sometimes the zippers break during the
> pull-off process and I take the piece over to the local shop to repair.
>
> Someday I will replace the foam and covers, just not this day.  Too many
> other priorities.
>
> There's nothing wrong with making due.

greatly appreciated!