Hi all.   Am completing some repairs of Windstar's bottom and am at the
stage of fairing the glasswork.   I need to remove the vc-tar from the
gelcoat to create about a 4" clean margin around the repair, so that the
tar does not contaminate the fairing epoxy.  I have read all kinds of stuff
online about doing the entire bottom, however this is not in scope this
season.   I need only to remove the vc-tar from a few areas.
Sanding makes a mess, clogs the paper, and requires enough aggression
to hit the gelcoat.   Acetone attacks the vc tar and not the gelcoat,  but
makes a dirty wash, and is nasty....   Both work, but do not seem to be
ideal.

Thinking of wire cup brush on a grinder, and maybe some kind of gentler
gel paint stripper.   Anyone been down this road?   Many thanks!

Dave

'85 33-2
"Windstar"

greatly appreciated!