An autopilot has been high on my list as the next big upgrade. I missed the boat show special, figured I had too many other jobs to complete so I was going to let it go. But I just saw that Raymarine EV-100 autopilot is on sale - plus they are Raymarine is offering a $300 prepaid Amex card for rebate.

Canadian dollar has rebounded a bit (but Canadian pricing has not kept pace) so buying from Defender would save me another $250 even after paying for shipping.

In the end I can get the autopilot for ~$1600 cdn -- think I'm going to go for it. Does anyone know if there are extra duties on one crossing the border? I've read the comments about where to install the control unit. Any other advice?

Also planning on installing solar panel (120W) -- figure total wire run of 20 ft - online calculator says 10 gauge wire should work. Any extra thoughts? Like what should I use to fuse the panel (or fuse the autopilot).

I'd like to order everything at once from Defender and minimize shipping costs.

Thanks,
Mark

--

There is no cure for birth and death save to enjoy the interval.
  - George Santayana

greatly appreciated!