After looking at the rudder post coming up through the cockpit floor today,
I think I confused the donut with what is broken on Cat’s Paw.  It appears that
what is broken is below the donut that is being discussed.  It’s right down on
the cockpit floor.  What is it and what should I do about it? Looks like the
infamous donut would have to be removed to replace it. Picture is at

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y4gfowalb1qyd8j/RudderPostCollar.JPG?dl=0

Eric Frank
Cat's Paw
C&C 35 Mk II
Mattapoisett, MA

> I?ve been watching this saga with some interest.  Last spring I noticed
> that the ?donut? on my 35 MkII was cracked in several places, but was told
> on this list that the rudder would not fall off so it wasn?t critical to
> replace it right away.  The donut on Cat?s Paw will be easy to remove
> because it is broken in several places.  Can I get a replacement for it and
> then just screw it on?  How are others dealing with this?

greatly appreciated!