From: "Dennis C. via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: "CnClist" <CnC-List@cnc-list.com>
Cc: "Dennis" <capt...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2016 8:46:17 PM
Subject: Stus-List Masthead surprise!

I was aloft putting a Windex light on Touche' today. I drilled a hole in the
side of the mast about 4 inches below the masthead to drop the power cable.
When the drill burst through, a lot of dust and dirt came out.

A bit of exploring and digging with a screwdriver revealed a bunch of dried
mud. Since to my knowledge, nobody has ever buried Touche's mast in the bottom
of Lake Pontchartrain, I decided on a different scenario. I guess a bunch of
dirt daubers had filled the top 4-5 inches of the mast with mud nests. Had to
dig under the hole with Special Tool WCH (wire coat hanger) to clear a path to
drop the messenger line.

Couldn't help but think about all the racers (including me) who try to minimize
weight aloft only to have a bunch of pesky insects negate some of your efforts.
:)

BTW, we broke the messenger line so we'll give it another try Wednesday. That
was a first.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA