Daniel, you are right the 5/8 jid sheets are overkill. But easy to get a
good hand on. When I replace my 5/8 sheets I am thinking that I will probably
go with the 9/16. A little thinner but still easy on the hands. Although with
the fancy lines out there you can find 1/2 in line that is stronger that the
5/8. IMHO it will depend on if you race or worry about spilling your beer on a
tack.
    Doug MountjoysvPegasusLF38 just west of Ballard, WA.

------ Original message------From: Daniel Sheer via CnC-List Date: Mon, Apr 25,
2016 09:19To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com;Cc: Daniel Sheer;Subject:Stus-List Jib
sheet size
I've got 5/8 sheets on a 145% jib on my Landfall 38. It's overkill. Killing a
flea with a shotgun, almost. Question - will 9/16 do, or do I need 1/2? And how
long?
Thanks,
Dan SheerPegathy - Landfall 38Rock Creek off the Patapsco

greatly appreciated!