The 12 Metre with the canard--forward rudder--was USA 61 sailed by Tom
Blackhaller built for the 1987 Americas Cup. In Oz. She's still in Newport, at
New England boat works looking pretty sad. She was apparently an incredibly
difficult boat to steer but when they had it right, was very fast. They didn't
have it right often enough!

Andy
C&C 40
Peregrine

Andrew Burton
61 W Narragansett
Newport, RI
USA    02840

+401 965-5260

> On
>
>> On May 1, 2016, at 1:16 PM, John Pennie via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Actually I thought Young America was the boat with the forward rudder. old
>> age is terrible as I can’t recall the skipper’s name - very famous and
>> talented fellow.  Conners went with a 2nd Stars & Stripes.
>>
>> John
>>
>>> On May 1, 2016, at 12:37 PM, Chuck S via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
>>> wrote:

greatly appreciated!