It's a Suzuki 9.9.  The previous owner put it on.  It's already a heavy engine
and its got power tilt and electric start.

With regards to the dock behind the boat, there's also a metal pipe running the
length of the dock the engine will have to go over to get to the dock.  I could
wrap a towel or something to protect the engine, but it seems to me that it
might just be easier to walk the engine across  the transom to the finger pier
which is lower and without any obstructions.

The engine is heavy and hasn't run well since I bought the boat in December.
It's still under warranty so I'm going to take it to the shop.  It's a 2013.
I'm also considering just selling the thing and replacing it with a Yamaha or
Tohatsu.

Thanks a lot for the advice.

Mark McMenamy
C&C 25 "Icicle"
Fort Pierce FL

On May 1, 2016, at 11:32 PM, Rick Brass via CnC-List

I tend to agree with Dennis.

The 9.9 Tohatsu on Bell weighs around 80 pounds. The dock is about 18" to 2'
above the transom. I put a safety line on the motor (in case I dropped it), sat
down on the edge of the dock, and just pulled the motor up off the mount and
slid it onto the dock. Not pretty but very doable.

123 pounds sounds pretty heavy, how large is the engine?

Rick Brass
Imzadi  C&C 38 mk 2
la Belle Aurore C&C 25 mk1
Washington, NC