1970 Redwing 35, Hull #7
(C&C 35, Mark I)
"Corsair"

On 5/3/2016 9:26 AM, Marek Dziedzic via CnC-List wrote:
I am not sure if watching the foiling catamarans at 40 kt. is not fun. I think it is quite exciting (especially watching it on TV, with all the virtual reality add-ons) . But I also think that watching the current AC is a bit like watching F1 or Indy car races – it might be exciting, but there is no relation to what (or how) we drive on the regular basis. The same applies to AC. The 12 m boats where “boats”(as opposed to some weird contraptions), kind of similar (at least by the looks) to what we sail on the daily basis. Their techniques and tactics where easily translatable to how we sail our boats (at least in theory). I think this is why we all liked it more.
just my 2c
Marek
*From:* Ronald B. Frerker via CnC-List <mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
*Sent:* Tuesday, May 3, 2016 01:29
*To:* cnc-list@cnc-list.com <mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
*Cc:* Ronald B. Frerker <mailto:rbfrer...@yahoo.com>
*Subject:* Re: Stus-List Australian Cup Wing Keel
This is after the 12 meters were abandoned in favor of the larger America's Cup Class (ACC). I know they were faster and could surf a large wave IIRC. However, there was nothing that pointed higher than the 12m and it certainly created some neat tactical races.
I kinda wish we were back to the twelves, or at least the ACCs.
These foilers are fast, but not near so much fun to watch; probably a blast to be on board! Twelves were more like what we race round the buoys; but bigger.
Ron
Wild Cheri
C&C 30-1
STL