Jake, Sam,

I saw a substantial increase in mast bend when using the baby stay in
addition to the backstay over just the backstay on my prior 35-3.  My sails
were designed for that full mast bend, so worth checking out at the dock.

Regards,

Tim
ex-Mojito

On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 6:33 AM, Jake Brodersen via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Sam,
>

> I usually tension the backstay first and have never noticed a problem with
> slack in the babystay.  We don’t use the baby stay much, as the winds here
> tend to be light.  The babystay doesn’t really pull at an effective angle
> to generate much mast bend either.  It does stabilize the lower section of
> the mast though.  I usually can’t see the babystay from the helm, but the
> effect on the mast (as far as being stable) is noticeable.
>

> Jake
>

> *Jake Brodersen*
>
> *C&C 35 Mk-III “Midnight Mistress”*
>
> *Hampton VA*