      From: Andrew Burton via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
 To: "cnc-list@cnc-list.com" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Andrew Burton <a.burton.sai...@gmail.com>
 Sent: Monday, June 6, 2016 4:34 PM
 Subject: Re: Stus-List Asymmetric chute

Hoist it to the masthead and use a longish tack line. Try to keep the luff
fairly tight so the sail doesn't drift off to leeward and become an air brake
when you're reaching.

To drop the sail, the easiest way is to turn downwind and then ease the tack
line and sheet it in tight behind the main. The main will blanket it so there
is no wind/pressure in the sail and you can ease the halyard and douse it even
in windy conditions with no trouble.

 An even better solution is to get a spinnaker sock and follow the directions
for using that. The sock makes getting the spinnaker up and down on Peregrine a
snap to do by myself.

Andy
C&C 40
Peregrine

On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 11:45 PM, Bev Parslow via CnC-List