From: Joel Aronson <joel.aron...@gmail.com>
To: "cnc-list@cnc-list.com" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 10:17:33 -0400
Subject: Re: Stus-List Kanzaki Transmission in forward or reverse while
sailing?
Advisory Number: MSA08-003:

DATE February 8, 2008 Dealers and OEMs
TO: All Marine Distributors
SUBJECT: Gear in Neutral While Sailing All MODELS:

All Sailboat Engines

We continue to get questions regarding the correct gear position while
sailing with the engine OFF. This advisory is issued as a reminder; Yanmar
requires that if sailing with the engine OFF (not running) the transmission
shifter must be in the neutral position or internal damage to the gear or
sail-drive will result. This damage will not be covered by Yanmar's Limited
Warranty. Please instruct customers and dealers who deliver the sailboat to
the customer, of the correct (Neutral) position for the marine gear while
sailing.

If the customer desires that the propeller shaft not spin while sailing,
either a folding propeller, shaft break, or other suitable device may be
used. However, Yanmar accepts no responsibility for the selection,
installation, or operation of such devices. Please also refer to Marine
service advisory "MSA07-001_Yanmar Sail Drive Propeller Selection" for
additional information.

If you have any questions regarding this advisory please contact a Customer
Support representative."

greatly appreciated!