Since you're thinking about doing the rest of your deck hardware down the
line, I would definitely spring for Bed-It to be safe.  I don't have
experience with other brands though.

Sam
35-3 Scoundrel (f/k/a Spanish Dancer)
SF

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 10:50 AM, Charlie Nelson via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Definitely, Bed-it is different--much stickier and flexible than most
> other varieties.
>
> I found out the hard way that the butyl tape I got somewhere else (travel
> trailer store or on-line?) was much less flexible than Bed-it.
> It may have been dried out or it just was made that way. Anyway, if it is
> not flexible enough, it will not compress properly and will
> leak.
>
> OTOH, if you find nice flexible butyl tape which I also found on-line, it
> works fine.
>
> Charlie Nelson
>
> cenel...@aol.com

greatly appreciated!