From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Josh Muckley
via CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 11:49 PM
To: C&C List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Josh Muckley <muckl...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Relocating the Yanmar key

Check this out.

https://youtu.be/Mp2cGDa1VOU

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD

On Jul 13, 2016 10:26 PM, "Syerdave--- via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com
<mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com> > wrote:

Evening all,
This may be a simple, and possibly stupid question....
The 33-2 has a standard Yanmar control panel, located just above ankle height
in the cockpit.  The bent-when-I got-it key fits loosely in the worn cylinder
located in the bottom right corner of the panel.  so, it is quite kick able,
(the bend) and the floaty keychain or lanyard is potentially underfoot.  In the
off position, the key can fall out.
I had the panel assembly apart, basically cleaning and bulletproofing the
connections and repairing an intermittent ground and some stripped mounting
holes, and  noticed the cylinder is, unsurprisingly, a simple single-pole
switch.
Has anyone relocated the key to a more secure location below, and installed in
its place in the panel a second in-series switch?   Can anyone see a reason why
one would not do this?

Thanks, Dave.

greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!