I've had 3 different surveys all from various surveyors.  It is my opinion
that the best survey is the one you do yourself and the best surveyor is
the cheapest.  I've never had a surveyor who went to the depth of detail I
would have wanted.  They are doing what almost anyone with an entry level
of boat knowledge could do.  No engine.  No rig.  Not even a very in depth
look at the electrical or structure.  Basic and common stuff that will
cause fires or sinking.  Your money is far better spent buying a book about
how to perform your own survey.  You can even buy their (the surveyor's)
moisture meters and IR cameras for less than the cost of the survey.  You
perform the preliminary survey yourself.  If you like what you see then pay
for the cheapest surveyor you can find just to get a check in the box for
the bank or insurance.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD

On Aug 2, 2016 10:38 AM, "Aaron Rouhi via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

> Hello! Does anyone know a reputable surveyor in Halifax, NS?
>
> Cheers,
> Aaron R.
> Admiral Maggie,
> 1979 C&C 30 MK1 #540
> Annapolis, MD

> like what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All
> Contributions are greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!