Ok, so situations change and the boat needs to change with it.  Here’s the
criteria…

Draft - no more than 4.5’
Assume moderate air (`10-15 knots true) sailed by a crew of 2
Easy to daysail, PHRF competitive
Cost < $25k
Coastal cruising only.  Primarily daysailing - quick, easy evenings sails,
occasional weekend trips
Good in a chop
No restriction on age
Outboard power is just too ugly, inboard please
Bigger the cockpit the better but remember weekender constraint

So that’s it.  What would you do?  Leading candidate right now is a Beneteau
first 285.

Thanks in advance

John

greatly appreciated!