On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 8:49 AM, Joe Della Barba via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> BTW – speaking of lakes – I have a weird psychological issue with being
> stuck in a lake with no exit.

Strange how it messes with your mind.  A few years ago a swing bridge in
The Rigolets, the outlet from Lake Pontchartrain, was broken in the closed
position.  Although there was another exit through the Industrial Canal
through New Orleans and the ICW, we did, in a way, feel "trapped".

Although that bridge was recently replaced with a 65 foot clearance fixed
span, there are still 3 bridges that require opening for us to escape the
lake.

There is a definite psychological "lift" whenever we clear the last bridge
and enter the open waters of Lake Borgne which is essentially a bay off the
Gulf of Mexico.

Touche' is currently "escaped" in Pensacola, free to roam the Gulf Coast.
:)

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA