Having done the Annapolis to Bermuda race, as well as a fair amount of offshore
night work (although nowhere near as much as you, Andrew…), I never had any
issues grabbing a hold of and clipping onto a flat jackline without the twists;
and I would definitely have concerns about the tripping hazard involved with
the twists.  FWIW...

Fred Street -- Minneapolis

> On Aug 16, 2016, at 9:03 AM, Andrew Burton via CnC-List
> <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
> I'd always kept them flat(ish), too, but I noted in the Bermuda Race circular
> they suggested that they be twisted. made sense to me.
>
> Andy
> C&C 40
> Peregrine

greatly appreciated!