Depending on the size of your boat and the size of the sail you are poling out,
your spin pole might be perfectly acceptable in lieu of a whisker pole.

I’ve always understood the optimum length of a whisker pole is 80% of the LP of
the sail being poled out.

80% of a 150 would be 1.2xJ. So if your J was 10’, as on a 27V, the spin pole
would be about 24” less than optimal. On my 38 mk2 (J=16.3) with a 135, the
difference between the spin pole and optimal whisker pole would only be about
15”.

Rick Brass

Washington, NC