Hello Everyone,

The previous owner added an outboard engine and reinforced the transom with an
aluminum backing plate.  The plate is held in place with the bolts for the
motor mount as well as three bolts along the bottom of the transom.  The bolts
are above the water line.  The backing plate inside presses against a glob of
fiberglass resin on one corner.  This should have been ground out, but wasn't
and as result it has caused a small dime sized raised bit on the outside of the
transom.  It's only a couple millimeters high.  It's hard to see, but you can
feel it with your finger.  The gel coat has fine hairline cracks that haven't
increased in size for 6 months.  I'm not a fiberglass expert and was wondering
if I need to worry about any  possible structural issues?   From what I
understand fiberglass is pretty flexible.

Thanks a lot as always for your help,

Mark McMenamy
C&C 25 Icicle
Fort Pierce FL